Friday, April 1, 2022

March was in like a cool, wet lamb and out the same.

Temps were a bit above average but we didn't have any real warm days either. March tends to have a couple of warm 70+ days along with some chilly weather but this time it was fairly flat... for March. Rainfall came in pretty close to normal and no snow fell. 

The warmest day at my location was March 27th when I read 68.5º although other areas around the metro popped up over 70º. I did have one record high on the 22nd with a 66º mark that was second best for the month but the warmest I have ever had on that date. The warmest overnight low was a balmy 47.1º on the 2nd of the month following the wettest day of the month. The coldest temp I recorded last month was a nippy 28.6º on the 10th but not quite into record territory. The coolest daytime high was 47.5º on the 8th, no where near any records there. March delivered seven days above 60º and two nights that dipped below freezing. Five days failed to reach 50º and 17 days stayed above 40º all through the night.

The precipitation was pretty steady with 5.12 inches in the bucket just a touch off the average for March. Six days saw greater than 0.25 inch and the Noah event came on the 1st with 1.85 inches under warm 'Pineapple Express' conditions. 17 days saw rain and just one day was sunny and I may be cheating just a tad... it was probably more like partly sunny ;)

Since the snow season is officially over I'll go into snowfall data for the season. April can have sticking snow but it is usually just flurries if anything this late. I had below average snowfall for my location this season. I measured 7.1 inches. None in November, 6.6 inches in December, none in January, a light dusting of 0.5 inch in February, and none in March. The max depth was just 3 inches on the 28th of December. I had 10 days with measurable snowfall and 14 days with at least a trace on the ground. Nothing to see here folks ;)

April is here and the real spring may appear any moment, that is no fooling. Soak it up my friends, soak it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment