Monday, February 17, 2014

A Real 'Howler' Last Night

I am operating today after a night of nominal sleep. A big blustery storm rolled into the 'Couv' overnight bringing with it howling winds in the 50 plus MPH range and a good soaking rain. All night long the wind ripped through the trees and beat against the side of my house. The rain came down so hard at times it just pounded the windows.

The ground became so saturated that all the earthworms had to surface. I walked out of my front door this morning to find a dozen of those worms taking refuge on my porch.

The good news is, that temps are very mild in the fifties already. As I write this, the sun is playing peek-a-boo with us. We should have a wet and windy week that may be capped off with glorious sunshine in time for the weekend.



As always, soak it up my friends, soak it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment