Thursday, January 23, 2014

Are you kidding me with this sunshine?

31 degrees at 9:45 AM under sunshine
as I took my dog to the vet this morning
Holy San Diego Sunnyness, Batman the great Yellow Orb is burning up a big blue sky; AGAIN! It's 11 AM and the merc is up just over the 40 degree mark on its way to the upper 40s. The 50 mark will be made in the breezy spots along the Mighty Columbia River later on.

January is a month that typically is limited to a couple of days with El Sol running the show. This month has had a whole winter's worth of clear days. That pesky fog has socked us in at times over the last several weeks but days like today have not been by any means a rarity. Generally a clear sky yields lows in the 20s and we have had those, but when the thick fog is absent that late January sun can warm us into the 40s pretty easily.

The view out the window of my home office as I write this
I am going to find a reason to get outside and stay there. Vitamin D fortified rays from the home star are beamed down outside as I write!

We have less than three inches of water in the bucket and the month is almost done. I think we need a big fat wet storm to come in. One of those southern "pineapple express" deals would hit the spot. But until that happens just get outside. Soak it up my friends, soak it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment