Friday, December 20, 2013

A wee bit of snow...

We awoke to a little bit of wintery precipitation this morning. All over the region a very light dusting of snow and in some areas sleet greeted us. I had less than one half inch on the ground and it quickly washed out as the temperature crested the freezing mark. I think we have warmer air aloft and that means this will all likely washout this afternoon.

Some of the weather models are suggesting a white New Year so we will just have to see how that pans out. This is the thirteenth winter I have recorded the weather at my East Vancouver location and snow at the New year seems to be much more likely than a white Christmas. I have recorded snowfall five times the week of the New Year versus just twice the week of Christmas. What a difference a week makes.

Happy Holidays to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment