Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Bugs are Acting Weird

Here we are in mid-November and I have yet to really see a cold day. In fact I have only had a couple of sub-freezing temperatures this season. Sure, it's been gloomy and cool, but we haven't had a chilly snap yet. Every time the sun peaks out and warms up the house those pesky yellow jackets start to buzz about. Those guys should have hibernated or died or whatever they do, by now. I know it's anecdotal evidence, but I think this could be an indicator. It has been a fairly warm autumn so far. Do those yellow jackets know something I do not? Since I am on the anecdote train, I have noticed the little sugar ants have been coming in the house late this year. They are normally gone for the winter by now as well. Maybe they are seeking a warmer spot inside because they sense something cold coming. Who knows, nature is always a step ahead of humanity. Enjoy the mild weather, some say the 'big chill' is coming a little later on in the season. And the bugs are acting weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment