Thursday, August 29, 2013

Boom, Crackle, Whoosh!

These lyrics from Bob Segar's 'Night Moves' seem so appropriate right now.

"I woke last night to the sound of thunder 
How far off I sat and wondered 
Started humming a song from 1962 
Ain't it funny how the night moves 
When you just don't seem to have as much to lose 
Strange how the night moves 
With autumn closing in"

Local TV station KGW posted this on Facebook
I know those lyrics may be a metaphor for things unrelated to actual weather. That's OK with me, they hit the spot right now. This morning a cell of thunderstorms moved in and I actually did awake to the sound of thunder, and my frightened Labrador Retriever. Summer thunderstorms can be fun to watch and listen to. Boom, Crackle and then Whoosh comes the rain. I prefer to listen in the afternoon, but early in the morning, well OK had to get up anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment