Saturday, July 20, 2013

Want heat, go East young man, Go east

My eldest son will be attending Central Washington University this fall. I found myself in Ellensburg on Thursday for a college orientation at CWU. While the 'Couv' enjoyed temps in the upper seventies to low eighties (my station recorded 78), Ellensburg roasted in the desert dry oven with temps hovering close to 100 degrees. But hey, it's a dry heat, like that makes it OK ;) It was beautiful though with nary a cloud in the sky.

East Side of Cascades overlooking Yakima on the Way to Ellensburg


Thursday night the wife and I decided to head north to Lake Chelan. Temps were very warm up there as well. It was over 80 degrees at 10 PM. Friday we enjoyed a day at the winery and then closed out the trip with a roasty, toasty trip to Leavenworth for some German Chocolate.

The return trip over Snoqualmie pass yielded more typical 70's and 80's.  What a relief to be back on the west side with manageable summer weather that is a pure delight. Today should make it to the mid 70's which is fabulous. Get out there an soak up that summer my friends, soak it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment