Sunday, December 8, 2013

Bitter Cold prediction not Quite "Bitter"

Many areas in the Northwest experienced near record lows with Eugene posting a frigid -10 this morning which is legit Minnesota cold! The projection for my general area ranged from 2-6 degrees but I only managed to muster a 9.1. That is 1/2 a degree above my personal all time low at this station of 8.7 degrees back in 2009. I awoke to cloud cover this morning and that may have played a role in keeping the mercury from diving down to zero.

The sun is trying to break through the cloud cover as I write this. If the NWS is correct and we get some brisk east wind today we may see wind chill factor well below zero. I will be out an about with clients in the breezy cold today. Brrr.

Bundled up and enjoy our little upper mid-west style experience, the good news is it only last a few days here whereas our friends in Minnesota have to tolerate it for months.

Possibly some snow on the horizon. This cold air can sometimes be stubborn and a new moisture laden system is poised to attack Monday night. We could see some of winter's nasty precipitation on Wednesday, freezing rain. Be careful and go ahead and soak it up, my friends, soak it up! but dress appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment