Monday, October 27, 2014

Wild Storm Packs Damaging Winds and Heavy Rain

What a crazy storm that was this past weekend! This one packed some punch with gale-force winds and occasional monsoon-like downpours. I was watching some college football with my son and we heard a crash. Upon looking outside I realized that a 40 foot section of the fence between my yard and my neighbor had blown over. The strong wind snapped several of the 4x4 posts clean in half!  
On Sunday I was working in my office upstairs and heard what sounded like a jetliner landing on my roof. I listened for a while then looked out the window to see rain coming down at a rate easily 4 inches an hour. I fumbled around with my camera phone and manged to get a recording of the tail end of this impressive cloudburst that included some pea sized hail.


My Facebook post read something like, "Apparently, summer is over." Yes, apparently it is. Soak it up my friends, Autumn is here and she is blowing a gale. Soak it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment